Are you interested in joining our growing team at the Alberta Obesity Centre? Please inquire below. We are looking for dedicated physicians, nurses, dieticians and medical office assistants.
The Alberta Obesity Centre is a diverse multidisciplinary clinic that focuses on the management of obesity within our province as well as reducing the stigma of weight bias. As a dietician, you will have the opportunity to work with professionals with a nursing background and physicians from specialties such as family medicine, general surgery, emergency medicine, sports medicine and other subspecialties.
There is no one-size-fits-all eating pattern for obesity management.
The successful applicant shall deal with adults living with obesity and consider various nutrition intervention options that are client-centred and flexible, as supported by the latest Obesity Canada Guidelines.
Nutrition interventions for obesity management should focus on achieving health outcomes for chronic disease risk reduction and quality of life improvements, not just weight changes.
- Assess patients' nutritional needs and develop personalized meal plans
- Educate patients on proper nutrition and healthy eating habits
- Monitor patients' progress and make necessary adjustments to their meal plans
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to patients
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of patients' nutritional assessments and interventions
- Stay informed about the latest research and developments in the field of nutrition
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition or related field
- Experience using Optifast system
- One Year of Experience as a Registered Dietitian (preferred)
- Registered Dietitian (RD) certification
- Proficient in computer operation and electronic medical records systems
- Strong communication and customer service skills
While our clinic currently operates to serve patients virtually, all staff are required to work at our clinic location.
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Rate of Pay: From $40.00